Welcome to our final push of the 2018 marching season! I hope everyone has enjoyed homecoming festivities and a weekend off from contest. The band and parents support system has done so well with all the contests so far and rehearsals are getting very intense and thorough. In these last couple of weeks, we cannot let down the detail but instead, crank it up. There are THREE performances this week. Please see itineraries for SISD Band Festival on Monday and Region 33 Marching Contest at these two pages:
Here is the calendar for the week:
Other items to remember:
- Please have ALL performance gear washed and ready for THREE performances.
- This includes socks, BRB shirt, BRB water jug, body tights, spandex.
- Please have all your music in your flip folder for Monday and Thursday.
- Drill cards, breathing tubes, and other rehearsal tools are required at all rehearsals. Laps will be assigned to those who are not prepared.
- Remember that preparation for rehearsals should begin at least 30 minutes prior to start time so that everyone is ready to begin practicing right at the start of rehearsal time. NO STRAGGLERS, NO TARDINESS. Every minute is precious as we work on DETAILS. This means being detailed with our sense of time. This is motivated by STUDENT LEADERSHIP!
Weekly Update Assignment:
Please write a minimum of 12 sentences with the following prompt:
- “What being a member of a Spring ISD band program means to me and what I think is important about other high school band programs in our school district.”
- Remember to use proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Strive to point out positive aspects of being in a Spring ISD band program as well as positive observations about the Spring Band and Dekaney Band.
- Maximum credit will be given to those who highlight the commonality that exists amongst Spring, Westfield, and Dekaney band students as a family!